Sometimes you just need a little sweet treat, and what can be better than something with rainbow sprinkles on it? This fro-yo is a lifesaver when I’m trying to maintain a clean and healthy diet, but still have some cravings for something sweet. It has no added processed sugar, is ready in 5 minutes, and doesn’t require any extra freezing time or special ice cream maker.
5 Minute Frozen YOurt
- Food processor or high powered blender (Vitamix)
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 1 frozen banana
- 5 small frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup plain organic full fat* Greek yogurt (sub coconut yogurt for vegan)
- 1/2 Tbs vanilla extract
- Your favorite toppings… I like to use shaved coconut, raw cacao nibs, and rainbow sprinkles. I’ve also put half a chopped up cookie dough flavored protein bar in there! Go crazy.
*Don’t skimp on the full fat yogurt. Full fat yogurt is a healthy fat, and will result in a nice rich flavor. But make sure you buy organic pasture raised so that those healthy fats are coming from good natural sources and happy cows 🙂
- Place the yogurt, fruit, and vanilla in the food processor. It is important that you use a food processor or high powered blender, not a standard blender, or else there won’t be enough liquid to blend the ingredients. We want it to be nice and thick so the less liquid the better! Also make sure the fruit is cut into smaller chunks and evenly distributed in the container before blending.
- Blend until smooth, stopping to push fruit around evenly when needed. Mine was blended in about 30 seconds.
- Now top with your favorite toppings! Enjoy right away before it starts to melt!
You may also substitute the strawberries for other sweet frozen fruits, but you need the banana. Let me know what sort of concoctions you come up with in the comments below!